Money Saving Tips For Parents
In the nearly four years I have been a mum I have picked up many money saving tips and I thought I’d share some of them with you.
- You will easily save money on your water bills when you become a parent as you will never be allowed to enjoy a bath. Don’t even try, just accept it and get used to having showers.
- Remember all that cash you used to spend on going out in the evenings? That’s not going to be an issue either.
- Don’t splash out on expensive toys, your laptop and iPhone will do nicely.
- Locally sourced, organic fruit and veg can be pricey so just serve everything with baked beans.
- Cancel your Sky Movies and Sports subscription and develop an appreciation for Mr Tumble.
- Rather than staying in a costly hotel, holiday at home every summer enjoying traditional family pastimes such as fun trips to the neighbours to beg for the ball back or playing guess which common garden creature the baby has just eaten.
- Remember small children have a poor concept of time so birthdays/Christmas/Easter can all be avoided by permanently telling them it’s next week thereby saving on presents.
I’m sure you’ll agree I’ve clearly got this money management lark cracked but if you have any handy hints I’ve not covered do bung ‘em in the comments for everyone’s edification.