Today – The best gifts for 11 year old boys. This post contains affiliate links.
I’ve written before about Christmas activities for families. I really enjoy the run up to Christmas with all the music and tasty food and lots of time together. I even enjoy all the organising but one thing is getting trickier, present shopping for my eldest who is now 11.
Choosing gifts for 11 year old boys isn’t easy. They still want to have fun but they don’t want anything to ‘babyish’. They’re starting to see themselves as a bit cool and worried about trends and what their friends think but not always mature enough for some of the things they might want. It can be a difficult line to tread. Here are some of my top suggestions:
Gifts for 11 year old boys
- Music – You can’t go wrong with giving the gift of music. Now of course you can’t fall into the trap of thinking you know anything about what’s good and what’s not (cue massive pre-teen eyeroll) so it’s best to go for vouchers for amazon music, iTunes or Spotify.
- Flying and Driving – Another sure fire winner is something remote controlled, be it a drone, car, boat, extra points if they can race against a sibling. This is one of our favourites at only £30:
- Sweet tooth – No matter how grown up they feel they’ll still happily munch their way through a mountain of sweets and chocolate given the chance. Check out these great selection boxes.
- Book worms – It’s often felt that boys aren’t keen readers but I think it’s really a matter of finding the right book to catch their interest. The latest David Walliams book, The Beast of Buckingham Palace, will be under the tree here. David Baddiel is another good choice along with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series for fun or Alex Ryder if they like adventure.
- Fashion – Much like music you have to know that you have NO CLUE about fashion but you can use a quick review of their wardrobe to point you at the brands they currently like. Super Dry is popular here but, whatever you go for, keep the receipt and don’t take it too personally if your total lack of style has lead you astray.
I hope that helps point you in the right direction but I’d love to hear your suggestions so do leave a comment if you’ve found the perfect gift.