Today I’m very happy to have a guest post for you from Queen of Christmas craft ideas Maggy Woodley. She’s sharing a lovely collection of Christmas crafts for older kids. Decorations and ornaments that need a little more concentration or dexterity than the usual preschooler crafts.
It is lovely to be back and share some more crafty fun from Red Ted Art. Today it is all about Christmas craft ideas! Well of course, with Halloween over, it is now time to look ahead and start planning for Christmas. We have some lovely Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers, but today, we share a set of ideas for older kids and grown ups! There are also some handy Christmas Printables for quick and easy Christmas crafting!
Christmas crafts for older kids
- First up we have some ADORABLE Christmas Treats Santa Sleighs. Do you remember receiving big packs of confectionery for Christmas as a child? Well, I do. This is one step up from those yummy gifts – turn your chocolates and lollies into the cutest “DIY Chocolate Santa Sleigh”. This is now a MUST at our Christmas. Fun and easy to do!
- Origami Star Bowls – now I know many people get scared and run a mile when they hear the word Origami! They “no way, it is too hard, I can never remember the steps”…. I know how you feel.. that used to be me. But I promise, it is EASY to learn how to make these stars and they look AMAZING. People will be so impressed with your Christmas decorating skills!
- Need something thrifty? Love traditional DIYs? You will adore these traditional nature wreaths – all you need is some WEEDS – oh ok, IVY from the (neighbour’s) garden. You can pull these together in minutes and add customising details.
- I mentioned some fab Christmas Printables earlier – I love these simple 3D Christmas Tree Coloring pages. Zen out and have some “me time”, with a nice cup of cocoa or a glass of mulled wine. Then turn your coloring into a pretty mantle piece decoration (or table centrepiece).
- Need LARGE decorations, that are quick and easy to make? Have you seen these oh so clever Paper Bag Stars? Wow they are AMAZING, are so so sooooo easy and look fantastic. Oh and they only take minutes to make. Use cheap white paper bags for snowflakes or colours to match a décor.
- And how about some cute decorations for the Christmas Tree? Check out these adorable little Penguin Corks. So so sweet! And a good reason to keep the prosecco flowing this Christmas season!
- If you need more Christmas Ornament inspiration, we have a HUGE STASH of them for you over on Red Ted Art 50+ ideas to keep you busy all Winter!
I hope you have enjoyed this sample of Christmas crafts for older kids. Are you are inspired to have a go this winter? It really is lovely to get together with the kids or friends in the evening and have a cozy crafting session!
Check out our other Christmas craft ideas and Christmas fun posts too.
Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too says
I adore the idea of the chocolate sleigh, perfect for giving to the children’s best friends as gifts
maggy, red ted art says
Thanks for having me visit again!! 🙂
Liza Ray says
Thank you for sharing such a nice craft ideas! My toddler will love to try this.
downssideupHayley at Downs Side Up says
We’ll be having a go at these later in the year. They look super.