Today – 50+ Social Media Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers. Travel blog post ideas for social media.
When you’re a travel blogger away on a trip there can often be so much to talk about and share with your followers that it’s hard to limit yourself to a sensible number of posts a day. Unfortunately, when you’re at home it’s a different story. Coming up with relevant social media post ideas can be a challenge. So what can we share?
Firstly, don’t panic! Then, check out my suggestions for over 50 topics for social media posts for travel bloggers stuck at home. Just try some out and let me know how you get on.
50+ Social Media Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers
- Travel memory from your childhood
- Travel accessory you can’t live without
- Your top tip for budget travel
- What trip would top your bucket list?
- Ask for tips for your next trip
- What inspired you to start travelling
- A mouth-watering meal you’ve enjoyed
- The best hotel room view you’ve ever had
- A travel quote you like
- A popular destination you didn’t like
- The story behind your favourite souvenir
- How do you choose your travel destinations?
- A time when you’ve been scared or anxious about a trip
- Someone you met on a trip that influenced you
- ‘Guess where this pic was taken’
- A trip that went wrong
- An unusual or little know place you’ve visited
- Recommend an inspirational travel book
- How you came to start a travel blog
- How you fit travel with life/work/family
So, still need some more?
- Somewhere you’ve been out of season
- A great trip for kids
- Your favourite beach
- Best places to visit in the UK (or your home country) while travel is limited
- Packing tips
- Reviews of and links to products you use
- Your favourite travel bloggers
- Then and now, two pictures of the same place years apart
- Fun facts about… (history, famous residents etc)
- Films that make you want to visit their setting
- A place that turned out to be much better than you expected
- A common travel problem you’ve overcome
- Quick polls – ‘do you prefer x or y?’, ‘should I visit a or b?’
- Favourite outfits for a particular destination
- Mini quiz – ‘How well do you know…?’ plus 3 questions
- Where to go for a multigenerational trip
- Unusual modes of transport
- Timely updates on travel restrictions or guidance for a particular area (from a reputable source)
- Share content from other travel bloggers and spread the love
- Unusual regional cuisine
Finally, a few more?
- Romantic destinations
- A novel animal or flower you came across on your travels
- Seasonal celebrations you’ve seen and how they compare
- Compare the local vs the tourist experience of a destination
- Foreign sweets and treats (my kids love this!)
- An embarrassing situation you’ve faced abroad
- Links to your older posts or guest posts on other sites
- Share an important travel related news story
- Discuss safety and security
- Praise a specific hotel/restaurant/airline/member of staff
- Show how you’re enjoying yourself at home and compare it with what you do when you travel
Finally, if you have some travel blog social media topics you like to use. Do leave them below in the comments. I’m always keen to have some new ideas!
In summary, we know travel blogging is tricky at the moment. However, with a bit of planning, you can keep it up even in lockdown.
For more topics check out this great post by Our Crossings.