10 things you didn’t know about me
I’ve been tagged by Mother Venting and Melksham Mum to tell you 10 things you didn’t know about me. I have tried my very best to come up with interesting facts but I’m afraid you’ll have to agree I was scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit for some. Hope you enjoy (and don’t hold any of them against me).
- My family are going to great lengths to avoid me. My parents moved to Seattle when I was 21, my brother is at university in Victoria, Canada and my sister is moving to Brisbane in September. Was it something I said?
- I studied politics for years (under- and post-grad) but none of my friends and family are remotely interested in politics so I am banned from going on about current affairs under normal circumstances. Occasionally it just slips out though, sorry!
- I’m really short, not quite 5’1’’.
- I am not remotely house proud. In fact, except for doing the washing and cleaning the bathroom, my husband does pretty much all the house work. I will occasionally do some washing up, in a pinch, if we’ve run out of something. God forbid we ever split up as the house would descend into complete chaos. Don’t feel too sorry for him though as I try to make up for my slovenly ways by doing the gardening, any DIY that doesn’t require brute strength and all the boring organising/paperwork/money stuff.
- My favourite comfort food, especially when I’m ill, is pasta with ketchup.
- I’m a complete telly addict. I watch countless programmes: drama, news, comedy, sci-fi. My Sky+ box is possibly my most prized possession and power cuts give me panic attacks in case they damage its hard drive.
- I got a A in A-Level Physics and am a bit of a science geek at heart. This means that when watching the aforementioned sci-fi I am likely to irritate everyone by proclaiming things like ‘That wouldn’t make you go back in time, you’d just see back in time’ as if I know what I’m talking about.
- I manage to grow stuff in the garden but kill any and all pot plants except for one yucca that I have had since the first week of university (13 years ago). I don’t even like it but it just won’t die and I can’t bring myself to get rid of it.
- I’m a passable driver but I cannot parallel park if someone is looking. Passengers have to shut their eyes or it’ll take me all day.
- I have pinched a nun’s bum (but that’s a story for another time…)
Now it’s your turn:
Image: Suat Eman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net