The ever insightful Mother Venting has been indulging in a bit of ‘self help’ this week which involved trying to list 10 things she liked about herself. You can check it out here. As you can see she had a bit of difficulty getting to 10 but a valiant attempt nonetheless. We joked about her starting a meme but she wasn’t sure if anyone would give it a go.
It has been playing on my mind today so I’ve decided to see if I could do it myself. It is much harder than it first seems. It’s not that I dislike myself, there’s plenty of stuff I don’t mind about me but it’s hard to think of things I’m actually positive about. Here’s what I came up with:
- I pick things up quickly and I don’t generally need to see something again or have it explained more than once. This is handy because I’m also lazy so this is the only reason I got through all my exams.
- I am confident in my own opinions but no longer feel the need to defend them in an argument (unless it’s for fun).
- My kids are happy and healthy and at least some of that has to be down to me.
- I hate unfairness and I’ll stand up for people I think are being treated badly.
- …and now I’ve run out of ideas
Hmm…well, it’s hardy impressive but four things isn’t too bad I suppose. Actually, coming up with them has put me in a rather good mood if nothing else. What’s difficult is not listing the character flaws to go with the good things.
So why don’t you give it a go? I know it seems a bit self-indulgent to start with but we shouldn’t need a reason to be nice to ourselves, should we? Go on, what’s the worst that can happen?
- 10 things you didn’t know about me (catsyellowdays.wordpress.com)