In honour of Valentine’s Day I thought I’d share this very yummy idea for heart shaped cakes with a delicious raspberry mascapone filling from the lovely folk at the happy egg co. Enjoy!
- 100g (4oz) Butter, softened
- 100g (4oz) Caster sugar
- 2 the happy egg co. eggs
- 100g (4oz) Self-Raising flour
- 5ml (1tsp) Baking powder
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) Rose water
For the filling:
- 15ml (1tbsp) Raspberry jam
- 250g (9oz) Mascapone
- 150g (5oz) Raspberries, lightly squashed
- Icing sugar to finish
- Rose petals – suitable for cooking
- Heart shaped mini cake tins or moulds
Heart Shaped Cakes Method
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180°C, 350°F
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and rose water into a large bowl and mix together.
- Divide the mixture between 12 individual heart shaped tins/cases.
- Place in preheated oven, bake for about 15 minutes, until well risen and golden.
- Allow to cool. Take out of cake tins/cases
- Cut each cake in half horizontally.
- Very lightly combine together the jam, mascarpone and raspberries.
- Spread a little onto one of the halves of the cake and sandwich together. Dust with icing sugar and rose petals and serve