Today – 5 Quick and Easy Apple Recipes for Kids
Apples are a firm favourite at our house.
My kids will happily wolf them down fresh from the tree but they do love it if they can get involved in cooking with them too.
I’ve collected up my best apple recipes before but today I’ve pulled out the best easy apple recipes for kids.
Straightforward but delicious ways to use apples that are perfect for getting the kids involved.
I hope you enjoy them! Also, if you like these quick apple delicacies, let me know in the comments section if you would like some creamy rice pudding recipies.
Easy Apple Recipes for Kids
1 – Apple Sponge Pudding
This is a great hot pudding for Sunday lunch but it’s so easy to make you can whip one up for a weeknight tea too. This is the recipe I use but most variations of a sponge cake mix could be used in the same way, even a box cake mix would do the job.
- 2/3 apples of your choice, (peel and core apples and cut into thick slices)baking
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 170°c.
- Lie the apple slices in an baking dish, reserve a few for decoration if you like.
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar and cinnamon and a tablespoon of water and pop it in the oven to start softening while you mix the sponge.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl, mix in the egg and then the flour to form a batter.
- Spoon the mixture over the apple slices and smooth the top, adding some slices to the top for decoration.
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes until the sponge is firm.
- Serve while still hot with cream, ice cream or custard.
2 – Apple Cupcakes
I’ve made this moist apple cake recipe a couple of times now. They worked particularly well with almond buttercream but are also great plain as an after school snack.
3 – Apple Crumble
- 3/4 apples peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 100g porridge oats
- 100g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g butter, chilled and chopped into cubes
- 100g caster sugar
This is such an easy one for the kids to get stuck into. Firstly, preheat the oven to 170°c and put the chopped apples into an oven proof dish, sprinkling over the brown sugar and cinnamon. Put the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and rub together with your fingertips. Spread over the apples and press down to firm then cook for 30 minutes.
You can do so much to personalise a crumble. I like to add chopped nuts to the topping like walnuts in the case of this one above (or almonds or hazelnuts) or sometimes sultanas soaked in warm orange juice to the apple layer.
4 – Apple & Mincemeat Tart
5 – Salted Caramel Apple Dip
Not so much an apple recipe as a recipe to have with your apples but yummy nonetheless! Check out the recipe over on Lemon Tree Dwelling.
I hope you like my Easy Apple Recipes for Kids. If you have a favourite recipe you like to cook with the kids do leave us a comment below and have a look at Becky’s Fruit and Veg Chopping Hacks for some handy tips and tricks.